Monday, September 19, 2011

Imagine this...

It's about 8:15pm on Monday night here. We got here this morning at about 5am. I was very tired of course.

Our cab driver had a hard time finding the hotel so that made for a longer taxi ride. Can't blame him, it was hidden down an alley. It's not the nicest place I've ever stayed in but there's a bed and free internet so hey...where's the downside?

I was on the plane yesterday and my video screen didn't work (on either flight) so I was listening to music most of the way. I have always known the song "Imagine" by John Lennon because in a lot of ways...make that in every way...the Beatles and John Lennon were the soundtrack of my childhood because my dad is/was a huge fan.

So, I always took the song for granted. It was on the playlist yesterday so I listened to it and I couldn't believe what I heard this time!
"Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can...
No need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people sharing all the world"

And that took on greater significance to me thinking about where we were going and what we were doing...

Then the chorus...
"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one...I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one"
I realized yesterday in seat 33G that that's ME!! I am a dreamer...and I'm not the only one! My hope since this adventure has started is that God uses me in awesome ways at Carmel but also that God uses this to inspire someone else in whatever small way to find their own Carmel School! That this is possible...that we belong to each other and so the only thing we can and must do is give ourselves to each other.

You may say I'm a dreamer........

1 comment:

  1. Jason, I teared up reading this and imagining (ha!) you in seat 33G with a huge smile on your face. I've been thinking of you guys and what an amazing childhood you're giving Zaili. Blessed. Truly blessed. You set the bar pretty high my friend, I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete