Friday, September 23, 2011

Here we are!!

This post will not be very very long although there is a lot to tell. We just got internet access here in India...which we should have for the duration of our trip.

We arrived at Carmel at about 3:30 on Tuesday afternoon. The trip with Backi and Freena was absolutely wonderful. We laughed and smiled and SLEPT the whole way from the busy life of Bengaluru all the way to the laid-back country life in Semmandakuppam.

I talked to my parents today (there's a blog post coming about them) and told them that I knew this was going to be awesome but it's even better than I ever imagined it could be.

The first day we were welcomed with an assembly at the school in the morning. Thursday and Friday, Glen and I helped supervise quarterly exams at the school (this will be our job until next Friday). Michelle has helped Freena do a variety of things here at the dorm and Zaili is adjusting INCREDIBLY well to her new, albeit temporary, home.

Yesterday, we sat with Backi and Freena, our hosts and directors of the school for over 2 hours in the living room of their newly completed house. It was unbelievable. They are such caring people with the biggest hearts I have ever seen. They inspire me to love more completely and to give more freely. They inspire me to just be better. They are beautiful people.

There is so much more to tell. A lifetime of memories and great things have happened in just 3 days. I know there is so much more to come and I am excited about that. For now...I will just say thanks for reading. This has been and continues to be a dream come true!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that all is going so well, Jason. My love to all.

    ReplyDelete